In any of the following situations (as per the Income Tax Act), it is mandatory for you to file an Income Tax Return in India.
- Your gross total income (before allowing any deductions under section 80C to 80U) exceeds Rs. 2.5 lakhs in the Financial Year. This limit is Rs 3 lakh for senior citizens (aged above 60 but less than 80) or Rs 5 lakhs for super senior citizens (aged above 80).
- You are a company or a firm irrespective of whether you have income or loss during the financial year.
- You want to claim refund in Income tax return.
- You want to carry forward a loss under a head of income.
- Return filing is mandatory if you are a Resident individual and have an asset or financial interest in an entity located outside of India. (Not applicable to Non Resident Individuals (NRIs) or Resident but not ordinary Resident (RNORs)).
- An Individual or Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) being resident having assets located outside India or Signing authority outside India .
- A person claiming relief u/s 90 or 90A or deduction u/s 91 of Income tax Act 1961.
About This Community
This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together. Read Guidelines
|Asked: 12/21/18, 1:46 AM|
|Seen: 228 times|
|Last updated: 12/21/18, 1:51 AM|